Here’s the process for making Native Display ads for DataXu.
You will first need to sign up for an account.
If you need instructions on that, click here.
To create Native Display ads
1) Go to the generator tool here.
2) Click “Create Native Ad” button.
3) Click “Native Display” button
4) Fill out the data entry fields and upload thumbnail image
Enter Ad Name (for internal purposes only)
Enter Brand Name
Enter Clickthrough URL (if you have a 3rd party click-tracker including a redirect, that's where you should put it)
Enter Headline: 90 characters max
Enter Description: 140 characters max
- Mobile: minimum 320x180
- Desktop: minimum 1000x750
6) Click “See Tips” for information on how to improve the quality of your headline.
7) Your full ad preview will appear to the right.
8) Enter in Impression and Engagement Trackers - You can add an unlimited number of 1x1 pixels from third-party providers that will respectively fire on impression and engagement (note that engagement is defined as a click for the display unit, however the pixel inputted in this field won't be redirecting to a landing page. Please use the Clickout URL for redirects).
9) Add Viewability JS tags - You can add 2 JS tags from IAS, DV or MOAT in this field. Note that no other JS tags should be added to this field.
9) When you are satisfied with your ad, click the “Save” button on the top right of the screen, then export your tag on the next page by clicking "Generate Tags".
NOTE that no tags should be added directly in the DataXu UI, all tags must be trafficked in the NAG.
10) Click “copy” to copy the tag info, which you will paste into the DataXu UI.
11) Once you have the creative ready and the tag copied, you can go to the DataXu platform and set up the campaign there.
For instructions on how to do that, click here.