Step 1 . IAS Append vs Write issue
All IAS JS tags need to be generated as .append and not .write to track campaigns correctly. If the tag is in the incorrect format, it will negatively impact campaigns created in both the NAG and trafficked through a DSP.
IAS is working a long-term solution to ensure STR tags are always built with append.
You are able to QA your tags when you receive them by putting the JS tag in a browser and searching for ‘forceAppend’. If you see forceAppend : “false”, then the tags WILL NOT track correctly. You’ll need all IAS JS tags we run to be forceAppend : “true”.
Step 2. Implementing the JS pixel
* Sharethrough can support IAS viewability JS tags directly on the platforms of AppNexus, Oath (Brightroll), Adobe, DataXu and Basis by Centro. Make sure to add your pixel in the JS field.
However The Trade Desk and DBM do not support JS for Native so :
Before tags can be implemented, they must be modified using the STX Tag Converter.
To modify your tags, go to stx.sharethrough.com/viewability_tag_converter.
NOTE: If you are using an ad blocker, you must turn it off to use the Tag Converter.
1. Select IAS as your viewability vendor.
2. Select the DSP where you will use this tag.
4. Click Get Tracker URL to generate the tracking tag.
5. Follow the directions for implementing the tag for each DSP. (Instructions vary depending on DSP selected.)