Here is how to generate a video creative for The Trade Desk. Ordinarily, users can just build in The Trade Desk's UI, but if you want to use a VAST or VPAID tag, you will need to use the Native Ad Generator to make your creative.
To create Native Video ads, you will need to sign up for an account. Then:
1) Go to the generator tool here, and make sure you are signed in.
2) Click “Build Native Ad” button.
3) Choose “Native Video”
4) Create your ad unit.
Fill out data fields, paste in your VPAID or VAST tag, and upload thumbnail image.
- Ad Name, Brand Name, Headline, Description, and Image thumbnail are all required fields
- Once you enter a Headline, you will see a "Headline Score" appear.
- Click ‘See Tips’ for more information on Headline Score, and suggestions how to improve the score.
- To add video
- Enter your VPAID or VAST tag
5) As you update the ad, your preview will render on the right
6) Once your ad is complete, click “Export for RTB Trafficking” at the bottom of the page, then click “Generate pixel.” Copy the creative pixel to your clipboard by clicking “Copy.”
7) Traffic your campaign, including creating a Native Display dummy creative (which will not run), using the instructions found here.
As part of that, you'll need to paste the Impression Pixel into the Third-Party Pixel field to have your video creative run.