Once you have a Site set up, you're ready to create a Placement. Placements are the individual units that ads will run through on your Site. Follow the steps below to setup a Placement.
From your Setup tab, select the Site in which you want to create a new Placement then select New Placement.
This page allows you to enter information on the placement and make decisions on the type of content you wish to allow.
- URL: Enter the URL where your Placement will live. This field can be updated at any time in the Placement Info tab.
- Section: Enter the area of the site this placement will run (ex. Homepage, Channels, etc).
- Language: Select the language of the website your placement is running on (Ideal for non-US publishers). For more information, please read the following article: Enabling Foreign Language On your Placement for DSP Demand
- Placement: Select where on the page this placement will live.
- Devices: Select the devices you wish to run this placement.
- Creatives: Choose which types of creatives you wish to allow on your placement. All forms will use the same native template, regardless of content type.
The next step allows you to define the number of times you wish to traffic this placement on each page load.
Single Instance (Recommended)
This is the default selection, where your placement will appear only once on the page.
- Multiple Instances - Dynamic: By using this option, you can enter a single placement tag and have it dynamically place replicate through your infinite-scroll feed. Enter the number of articles before the first ad, as well as how many articles between subsequent ads.
- Multiple Instances - Advanced: This is used in infinite scroll cases where the placement reappears in an infinite scroll event. This is often used in article pages where the net article is loaded when the user browses to the end of the page. This option allows you to use a placement multiple times on a page while allowing you to configure the placement locations yourself.
Give your placement a nickname. You may find that the auto-generated name is the best method for ease of reporting in SFP, but you can change the name as desired here. Select "Continue" once you enter the desired name.
Upload any images that you have for your placement. This will help the integration team style your placement accordingly to your design guides.
Once you've successfully created your Placement, you will see a check mark next to Step 1 in your placement creation screen.
Now that your Placement creation is complete, please proceed to the next article on how to integrate your Placement.
Next Article: How To Integrate With Basic On-Page Integration, How To Integrate With DFP
Previous Article: How To Set Up A Site