Now that you've created your Site and Placement, you're ready to integrate your Placement! If you would like to integrate your Placement with DFP, please follow these next steps in your DFP account.
1. Create Ad Unit
- Define Ad Unit dimensions as desired, but we recommend a 1x1 dimension to further constrain traditional display line items from serving to your native ad unit.
2. Create Line Item
- Target Line Item to Ad Unit (created above)
- To deliver a Direct Sell campaign, add the Creative from your Direct Sell Integration Doc to DFP (type: Third Party). For more information on Direct Sell Campaign creation, click here.
- To access Programmatic inventory, add the following Creative (type: Third Party) on a lower-priority Line Item than your Direct Sell tags.
<div data-str-native-key="%%PATTERN:strnativekey%%" style="display: none;"></div>
3. Uncheck "Serve into an SafeFrame"
4. Generate Google Publisher Tag (GPT)
- Distribute tag to your web development team and proceed to the Web Page setup below
Web Page Setup
1. Add Core Technology to page <head>
- SFP.js should only be on the page once regardless of integration strategy.
- To optimize performance, SFP.js should be placed high in the page stack within the <head>.
2. Add Google Publisher Tag (GPT) to page
- Add the GPT Header code into the <head> element of the webpage
- Add the GPT Document body code where the unit should appear within the page <body>
3. Append setTargeting parameter to GPT Header code
- Append the following to your googletag.defineSlot definition found in the GPT Header code.
- The strnativekey (022a4f7d) will be different for each placement.
- Navigate to your test page with any device (e.g. mobile, tablet, desktop) and look for Sharethrough's default template. Once the template is on page, your integration is deemed successful.
If you are having trouble integrating, email email@example.com for more assistance. Please be sure to include a link to a test page to allow for a quick resolution.
Once you see your Placement integrated properly on your test page, click on Next Steps in the default template and proceed to the next article on how to submit a request for verification and styling.
Next Article: How To Verify And Style Your Placement
Previous Article: How To Create A Placement