Now that you've created your Site and Placement, you are ready to integrate! If you would like to integrate your Placement with a third-party ad server, please follow these next steps in your ad server account.
If you have been a publisher with Sharethrough before 1/1/16 and would like to integrate your placements with any third-party ad server, please contact your Account Manager to help you with your request.
If not on hand, you can find your Integration Docs in SFP. This doc includes tags and instructions on how to integrate Sharethrough's technology correctly. From the Setup tab, navigate to your placement by first selecting the Site.
Select the placement you are trying to integrate.
From this page, you can open your integration docs for this placement.
Your Integration Doc has both Ad Server and On-Page integration methods.
The URL for your integration doc can easily be shared with other members of your team if needed.
Ad Server Setup
1. Create Line Item or an instance of a creative in an ad server
- Define Ad Unit dimensions as desired, but we recommend a 1x1 dimension to further constrain traditional display line items from serving to your native ad unit.
<div data-str-native-key="%%PATTERN:strnativekey%%" style="display: none;"></div>
Web Page Setup
1. Add Core Technology to page <head>
- SFP.js should only be on the page once regardless of integration strategy.
- To optimize performance, SFP.js should be placed high in the page stack within the <head>.
2. Add the following Sharethrough placeholder directly above your ad unit's placeholder in the <body>
- The str-set-targeting-placement key (022a4f7d) will be different for each placement.
<div data-str-set-targeting-placement="022a4f7d" style="display: none;"></div>
1. Verify Integration
Navigate to your test page with any device (e.g. mobile, tablet, desktop) and look for Sharethrough's default template. Once the template is on page, your integration is deemed successful.
If you are having trouble integrating, email email@example.com for more assistance. Please be sure to include a link to a test page to allow for a quick resolution.
Once you see your Placement integrated properly on your test page, click on Next Steps in the default template and proceed to the next article on how to submit a request for verification and styling.