This article provides instructions for alternative ad servers. If you are looking for instructions on how to integration Sharethrough into your Google Ad Manager, click here.
You can find integration documentation related to your specific placements in SFP that include tags and detailed instructions on how to integrate Sharethrough's technology for your integration.
- Go to the Setup page by navigating selecting it from the left sidebar
- Click into the Site the placement you are looking to integrate lives within
- Select the Placement that you are looking to add to your page and click "Integration Docs" as seen below.
- Click the link for your placement setup, and you will be directed to a page with instructions specific to your placement and integration type. This URL can be shared across your team if needed.
Ad Server & Page Setup
Your integration documents will have information similar to the below but it will have specific references to your placement keys. This guide will have more generic information about how to integrate but we recommend you use the instructions on the page outlined above.
1. Create Line Item or equivalent in your ad server
- Define Ad Unit dimensions as desired, but we recommend a 1x1 dimension to constrain traditional display line items from serving to your native ad unit if this is a native only slot.
- Use the following code in the creative section of the line item setup with your placement key in the place of "INSERT_PLACEMENT_KEY_HERE" on the snippet below.
<div data-str-native-key="INSERT_PLACEMENT_KEY_HERE" style="display: none;"></div>
2. Web Page Setup
- Add Sharethrough's core technology to the page <head> (see below)
- This script tag should only be on the page once regardless of integration strategy
- For optimimal performance, SFP.js should be placed high within the <head>
Verify Your Integration
Navigate to your test page with any device (e.g. mobile, tablet, desktop) and look for Sharethrough's default creative (seen below). Once the template is on page, your integration is successful!
If you are having trouble integrating, email email@example.com for more assistance. Please be sure to include a link to a test page to allow for a quick resolution.