See how easy it is to make your own ad using this ad generator.
To run a native campaign on STX using the AppNexus Console, users must first set up a native creative. Once logged in and in the Advertiser details section, follow these steps:
1) In the Creative Manager, click "Create New" -> "Single Creative"
2) Under Type, select “Native”
3) Enter a Creative Name. This is the name that will show up in the AppNexus Creative manager and will not appear on the unit. If no name is entered, it will default to the name of the image file
4) Enter the URL where the content lives
5) Enter a headline in the Title field (90 chars max). AppNexus allows 100 characters but keeping your headline under 90 characters will ensure proper display on all Sharethrough inventory. This is the most important part of a native creative and should reflect the emotional appeal of the content
6) Enter a description (140 chars max). AppNexus allows for 300 characters, but Sharethrough inventory only allows 140. This is where additional context for the content can go. Note it does not show up on every placement.
7) Select “AppNexus Hosted” for the icon/image type. Note that the “Icon” field will become the ad unit thumbnail for mobile placements and the “Image” field will become the thumbnail for desktop placements. Within the Creative Preview section of Console, the “Icon” will display in the top left corner and the “Image” will display centered in the bottom but these do not reflect the actual position in a live ad unit.
8) Sharethrough does not support the “Call to Action Text” field
9) Enter the brand name in the “Sponsored by” field. This will show up as “Sponsored by <brand>” on the ad unit.
9) On the Creative Attributes tab, make sure to select “Platform audit” to let AppNexus review the creative for approval.
After inputting these elements, the user can set up pixels, attributes, associations and segments as normal.
To see how to target native creatives to STX, read Targeting STX Inventory in AppNexus.
For more information on buying in AppNexus, please visit their wiki.