Sharethrough gives publishers the ability to pass unfilled impressions to other networks by loading 3rd party ad tags to the page through mediation. Adding multiple networks creates a waterfall where impressions are passed down until a network can fill the impression with an ad.
- Load an ad that renders inside the Sharethrough placement div.
- Fire the Sharethrough Passback Tag as backfill. Loading the passback tag tells SFP that the network did not receive fill and the impression will be passed to the next partner in the waterfall. If this tag does not load correctly, zero impressions will be passed to the next partner in the waterfall.
Steps to Adding a Network
- Navigate to the Mediation tab in SFP.
- Select the placement you want to apply mediation to
- Click Edit Networks in the top right of the UI:
- To add a network, select Actions and Add Network. Otherwise, select Edit next to the network you are modifying.
- Select the networks you want to add from the list. If a network is not on the list, select Custom Ad Tag.
- You can now add Network tags and arrange them in a waterfall. Tags can be trafficked directly to the page or in an iframe. If an iframe is preferred, select Serve backfill tag within iframe and set the necessary dimensions.
- Place the Passback Tag as backfill for the network. This is necessary to pass the impression to the next partner in the waterfall if there is no fill.
- Once the Passback Tag is placed, select Confirm Passback Installation. A network will not go live until Passback is confirmed.
- Once a CPM is added, Tags are placed, and Passback is confirmed, the network will go live in the mediation waterfall.
- Now that the tag is trafficked, you can preview it by selecting the eye icon next to Edit Tag.
- Enter in a URL that has the Sharethrough Placement on the page.
- After hitting Continue, you will have a preview URL that forces the Network to render on the page.