Common questions about Display Creative
Should I use long or short headlines?
Important note about headlines: DBM will serve either the long or short headline depending on the publisher placement character limit. As all placements on Sharethrough's inventory are designed to host up to 90 characters, the long headline will always be served, that's why we recommend to always use the long headline. DBM also requires a short headline to save the creative, but this will not render on Sharethrough placements.
Can I have a description longer than 140 characters?
While DBM allows you to save descriptions longer than 140, the Sharethrough limit is 140 so if you save a description longer than 140, part of the copy will be cut off when it renders.
Can I use the square image?
Square images are NOT supported by Sharethrough. (Optional, DO NOT UPLOAD FOR STR CAMPAIGNS)
If you upload a square image, DBM will generate a separate creative appending "_square" to the creative using the square image, and "_rectangle" to the creative using the rectangular image. DO NOT Assign the “_square” creative to Sharethrough line items.
Is there an easy way to resize the images to meet DBM specs?
Yes please use following tool to resize your images : http://generator.sharethrough.com/thumbnails/new
*Note that DBM specs are the 1.91:1 ratio, once you convert the image use the Desktop output.
Common questions about tagging
No DBM does not support JS for native. If you need to implement viewability tags, see the viewability section below.
I have a DCM integration, should I be wrapping additional trackers in DCM?
We always recommend implementing each pixel individually.
Do not try to wrap JS pixels in DCM as it may cause delivery issues.
Common questions about PMP setup
I don’t see Sharethrough as an inventory
Please select BidSwitch as inventory source.
What’s the floor price?
This is for information only, you can input anything you want, it won’t limit your bidding strategy nor your inventory access.
Private auction or Preferred deal?
Use Private auction
Common questions about Bidding strategy
Please use fixed rate.
Google active view is currently NOT compatible, so you should not use the "Optimize for a viewable CPM bid" functionality as it will can conflict with the bidding logic, limit delivery and a viewability metric will not appear on the DBM dashboard.
Common questions about Viewability Measurement
Note that the tags need to be MODIFIED before being implemented, please refer to the USING THIRD PARTY VIEWABILITY TRACKING guide before adding a pixel to the platform
- Note that DBM vCPM optimization and Google Active View are not compatible with Native, do not use or it might create a conflict with the bidding strategy.
Targeting scale limitation
- Google active view viewability targeting is not compatible with any native supply, it can limit and even stop the delivery of your campaign.
- In-app inventory is very limited; while you can include it with your targeting, we do not recommend basing an entire strategy on that environment
- Affinity, custom affinity, and in-market audience targeting are all Google's proprietary products and only work with AdX inventory, therefore they are not compatible with Sharethrough. If you use this targeting, it may prevent delivery altogether, however we can accept 1st and 3rd party cookie based targeting.
- Frequency cap - When enabled, this only delivers to cookied users, so you may limit your audience reach (excludes Safari users, in-app users, cookie opt outs, etc… )
Common questions about the deal troubleshooter
I see in the deal troubleshooter that the ad size Sharethrough requests is 230x50 however the specs show 1200x627 and 1.91:1 ratio
The creative mismatch is a UI cosmetic issue, it will not impact delivery. This has been confirmed by the DBM product team.