Sharethrough will be CCPA-compliant by the effective date of July 1, 2020 and will be a participant in the IAB CCPA Compliance Framework. We are working to ensure our supply and demand partners are as well, so that we can continue to provide advertising services to our customers while advancing consumers’ privacy rights.
The following list lays out the steps we suggest publishers should take to comply with CCPA. However, publishers should consult with their own counsel ensure full CCPA compliance.
- Sign the CCPA IAB Compliance Framework: By participating in IAB’s master contract, you will not need separate contracts with all of your partners.
- Reach out to your vendors: Create a list of all your vendors and reach out to them to understand how they align with the new legislation.
- Build the right support for your consumers:
- Be ready to reveal the type of data being collected on the user, how it’s being used and how it is being stored. Upon request, you’ll have to provide this information in a portale and easily usable format within 45 days. However, you’ll only have to fulfill two requests from the same customer within 12 months.
- Be prepared to give the consumers an opt-out option for the data you sell
- Have the ability to delete or retrieve data if requested by the consumer
- Support passing the CCPA privacy signals to service providers like Sharethrough: Be sure to pass the CCPA privacy signal based on IAB standards along in the bid request.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will you respond when the IAB string indicates a user has opted out? Sharethrough will remove personal information from the impression request before allowing our demand partners to bid on this impression
- How will you respond when the IAB string indicates a user has NOT opted out? Sharethrough will respond as usual
- How will you respond when there is no IAB string present? We are still evaluating this scenario with our supply and demand partners and will have a firmer answer in Q2
- Have you signed the IAB Limited Service Provider Agreement? If not, what are your plans and timeline to sign? Yes we are a signatory and will adhere to the IAB CCPA specification for passing consent