Below are the guidelines to ensure your content will be best distributed and received within your audience:
- URL: Standard URL to the landing page (or clicktracker from preferred vendor)
- Title: 90 characters are allowed, but 50 - 75 characters is the recommended length
- Image URL: max resolution 3000x4000 pixels
- Brand name: 25 characters max
- Description: 140 character max (descriptions can be generic and applied to all content ads, or each content ad can have a unique description)
- Impression trackers - should be https-hosted. Up to 2 impression tags are supported.
To preview how your images will look like you can see two most frequent crops (square and landscape) for each image in the “Content ads” tab in “Thumbnail” column. When the images are slightly cropped, Zemanta One maintains the image proportions. It is recommended to keep the image focus centrally positioned when selecting images for your campaign.
To ensure the best possible outcome for your campaign, it is recommended to run several different images with different aspect ratios.
- Prohibited Content includes pornographic language or imagery, suffering or violence, exploitation or endangerment of minors, sale or promotion of weapons or explosives, illegal drugs or tobacco, gambling, religion, non-government approved pharmaceutical products and supplements, class-action suits or malpractice claims, high-risk investments or business scams, information harvesting, malware, negative earned media, content that promotes hate, violence, or discrimination.
- Content should not employ any misleading advertising techniques, including but not limited to: using deceptive practices to encourage continuity sign-ups; encouraging accidental clicks by implementing ads that appear to be organic content; utilizing fake comments that appear to be from real individuals; or employing unsubstantiated claims to promote a product or service.
- Content cannot be copied from another site. Any plagiarized content without clear disclosure of authorship will not be allowed. It must clearly display logo of website; content should not include trademarks or logos that are confusingly similar in design to that of third parties. Content must live on HTML page (no PDFs). Also it must be the primary focus of the page and live above the fold. Calls-to-action, forms or sales copy must not detract from the content itself.
- Any images being promoted must meet the standards and cannot include: nudity or sexual imagery, weapons, drugs or drug paraphernalia, imagery that is designed to provoke or offend, violence or gore, graphic images of physical deformities or health conditions. Images cannot employ deceptive practices to entice a user to click.