As an exchange, STX makes certain assurances to our demand partners and must enforce standards on the inventory accepted for monetization. The focus of the Sharethrough Exchange is on content-centric, quality sites in general.
As a general policy, UGC (user-generated-content) sites are not allowed. Sites which include UGC as a portion of the page, in particular as comments/votes/etc, are permissible. Sites where the user generates the main content on the page are not.
Sites with no “content” are also not currently monetizable by STX, though this may change in the future. For example, utilities and games cannot be monetized through STX.
Sites/placements with the following content cannot be monetized:
- Abused Drugs
- Adult Content
- Fake News/Fake Information
- Illegal or Questionable
- Malicious Web Sites
- Phishing and Other Frauds
- Potentially Damaging Content
- Potentially Unwanted Software
- Racism and Hate
- Sex Education
- Supplements and Unregulated Compounds
- URL Transition Sites (site designed to redirect user to other sites)
For information on our Creative Acceptance Policy please click here.