As an exchange, STX makes certain assurances to our demand partners and must enforce standards on the inventory accepted for monetization. The focus of the Sharethrough Exchange is on content-centric, quality sites in general.
As a general policy, UGC (user-generated-content) sites are only accepted on a site by site approval basis. Sites which include UGC as a portion of the page, in particular as comments/votes/etc, are permissible. Publisher must be able to prove that they have certain content monitoring policies in place.
Sites with no “content” are also not currently monetizable by STX, though this may change in the future.
Sites/placements with the following content cannot be monetized:
- Abused Drugs
- Adult Content
- Fake News/Fake Information
- Illegal or Questionable
- Malicious Web Sites
- Phishing and Other Frauds
- Potentially Damaging Content
- Potentially Unwanted Software
- Racism and Hate
- Sex Education
- Supplements and Unregulated Compounds
- URL Transition Sites (site designed to redirect user to other sites)
For information on our Creative Acceptance Policy please click here.