NAG Workaround Process
Advertisers can build rich media creatives using Sharethrough’s Native Ad Generator to run programmatically on DSPs. These rich media units include:
PLEASE NOTE: ISI units can only run on PMPs. Please be sure to ask your Sharethrough contact for a deal ID and ensure you set your line item up to only target that deal! Other unit types can run on the open exchange, but we still recommend running on a deal for performance and optimization purposes.
1) To create these ads, you will need to use the NAG based on the DSP you will be using to traffic the creative. Here are some quick-access links to the most common NAGs:
If you don’t have an account yet, click Sign Up in the top right. This will allow you to build and save creatives, which can be accessed across all the DSP Native Ad Generators.
2) Click “Create Native Ad” button.
3) Select the ad type you’re seeking to run. The Rich Media units can be found under Native Rich Media.
4) Create your ad unit. Make sure you include all of the required fields and any 1x1 trackers here.
Enter brand name
Enter ad name This is used for your internal tracking and organizational purposes.
Enter headline: 90 characters max
Enter description: 140 characters max
Upload Image File
Append your 1x1 click tracker in the Click-through URL field
Append your 1x1 impression tracker in the Impression tracker field
5) After saving, click the “Generate pixel” button. This will provide you with a 1x1 that will be entered into the DSP in order to call the ad from the NAG.
6) Build out a dummy native display creative within the DSP.
7) Place the 1x1 pixel in the 1x1 impression tracking field within the DSP. The way this is labeled will depend on the DSP, but they all serve the same function: To fire a pixel every time an impression is counted. Please make sure you reach out to your Sharethrough contact in order to ensure you're entering this in the correct place. In this case, it will trigger the workaround to swap the NAG ad you created in place of the dummy asset.
Creating and implementing a JS Workaround Tag
The NAG does not support the use of JS tags. However, there is an additional workaround to implement these if you wish to track using JS tags:
1) JS tags must first be converted to Sharethrough workaround pixels by your Sharethrough contact. Please send any JS tags you wish to implement to Sharethrough in order to have them converted.
2) Your Sharethrough contact will return another workaround pixel to you, which will represent your JS tag. This will be implemented the same way as the original 1x1 you received for the Rich Media workaround. Please reach out to your Sharethrough contact in order to be sure you are implementing this correctly within the DSP.